Join our civic-minded community!
Civic Hall is a non-profit organization that fosters collaboration and builds community to advance technology for the public good. We bring together social and civic entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, government staff, community organizers, policy makers, philanthropists, software developers, data scientists, journalists and academics to share knowledge, build tools, and solve pressing public interest problems. Founded in February 2015, Civic Hall has rapidly grown into a thriving and diverse community with over 1,000 members and 100 member organizations including many government agencies, tech companies, media leaders, civic tech leaders, academic institutions, foundations, and community-based organizations.
A Civic Hall membership comes with great benefits:
- Access to collaborative workspace (frequency varies by plan; see below)
- Access to purchase guest day passes at a discounted rate of $20 each
- Customized guidance from a Civic Hall Ambassador
- Access to full community via our online members portal and Slack channels
- Receive our weekly e-newsletter
- Receive Civicist’s “First Post,” a daily email digest covering the latest news in civic tech
- Access to member-only gatherings: breakfasts, workshops, meet-n-mingle’s, lunch-n-learn’s, & member showcases
- Discounted access to public events held at Civic Hall
- Member recognition in Civic Hall space, and on social media pages and newsletters
- Opportunities to showcase work to the community
- Discounted pricing on Civic Hall’s event space and room rentals
- Access to rent a locker for $50/month
- Use of the cafe with free coffee and tea
- Free printing
Are you an organization with multiple team members and unique workspace needs? Do you need assistance figuring out which of these plans may work best for you and your team? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you soon!
3 Steps to Apply for Sliding Scale
In an effort to remain as inclusive a community as possible, we are adding a new sliding scale membership option based on your income level, applicable to all membership plans. If you’re interested in applying for a sliding scale rate, please following these instructions:
- Review the Sliding Scale Worksheet to determine your Net Monthly Household Income (NMHI). This worksheet is solely for your use and we will never request to review it.
- Once you have determined your NMHI, refer to the Sliding Scale Chart to determine the appropriate sliding scale rate for the plan of your interest. (Please note that for those willing and able, it is an option to pay more for membership rates in order to support those less able to pay.)
- Once you have your sliding scale rate, please email us at email@example.com for next steps.
We hope to see you soon!
We welcome your feedback
If none of these packages sound right for you but you still want to join the community, contact us. We want to hear from you.