Interested? Apply here.
Civic Hall is seeking a charismatic and highly-organized Director of Development to spearhead development efforts of this three-year-old nonprofit as its grows. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Responsibilities include:
- Work with COO, CEO, and senior team to develop annual fundraising plan
- Work with COO, CEO, and senior team to identify, cultivate and manage foundation, individual and corporate partnerships
- Work with program staff to manage the creation and writing of compelling proposals for general and project-related grants and ensure timely reporting on achievement of program and project goals
- Work with program staff to oversee preparation of budgets, financial reports, and supplementary materials
- Maintain relationships with funders (and prospective funders) by providing stewardship of sponsorships and grants, inviting them to relevant events and programming
- Stay current with funding trends in the civic tech community, as well as the broader philanthropic community
- Design and oversee development of fundraising tracking systems
- Update database and tracking systems with pertinent information, correspondence, and documents and reports related to donors and prospects
- BA (required); MA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or business development
- Experience working in a small, startup-stage organizations
- Excellent writing skills, including proofreading and editing skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workload, manage competing demands, meet deadlines, and set and achieve ambitious goals
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including public end-users, government, nonprofits, philanthropy, and corporations
- Familiarity with civic technology
- Familiarity with New York City tech scene a plus
- Familiarity with any CRM required; familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Team spirit and sense of humor appreciated
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is performed inside, in a temperature controlled environment, with noise limited to that of a typical office environment.
This position requires sitting or standing, and occasional bending and lifting of up to 10 lbs.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position and not eligible for overtime. Salary is set at an annual amount and paid in substantially equal installments on a semi-monthly basis in accordance with Civic Hall’s standard payroll practices for salaried employees, currently administered by Justworks.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range $90,000 to $110,000, commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for Civic Hall’s benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off and holidays.
Expected Hours of Work:
Typical hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., although there is substantial flexibility in the exact hours.
This position may require some travel.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
There are no additional eligibility qualifications for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Civic Hall is committed to building a stronger, diverse, and mission-driven team to serve the community we know, respect, and love. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from or who have worked closely with historically marginalized groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. When applying, please include information about your unique background.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via https://civic-hall.workable.com/j/5250D7A24B by March 16, 2018.