Marketing and Welcome Desk Associate
Please apply via Workable at: https://civic-hall.workable.com/j/7107EAEDE7
Civic Hall is a non-profit community and collaborative work and event space where government staff, nonprofit leaders, community organizers, philanthropists, civic entrepreneurs, developers, data scientists, journalists and academics come together to solve pressing civic problems with technology.
Civic Hall is seeking a thoughtful, creative, and organized Marketing and Welcome Desk Associate. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Membership.
- Craft thoughtful, on-brand, and relevant content for Civic Hall’s primary social media handles: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Increase Civic Hall’s social media presence as a thought leader in the civic tech industry, an involved community member in NYC events and affairs, and an avid cheerleader of Civic Hall members and their amazing work
- Curate, organize, and post relevant industry and member content from our publication Civicist, Member Mondays, newsletters, and various other sources
- Manage our social media calendar and scheduling through Tweetdeck
- Ensure an integrated approach where all social media channels are consistent and work together to amplify content and reach
- Make recommendations on how we can do social better!
- Curate, compile, and deploy weekly member newsletters and aggregated news post called 1st Post
- Increase newsletter readership through monitoring open and click rates, and iterate and optimize newsletters as necessary
- Support newsletter design as necessary
- Be open and curious to test campaigns
- Make recommendations on how we can do newsletters better!
This role will include approximately 20 hours per week at our Welcome Desk. Although there can be busy periods, there is some time while stationed at the Welcome Desk to complete marketing-related tasks. Welcome Desk duties include:
- Welcome members and guests and assist them as necessary with the sign-in process.
- Answer general questions about Civic Hall and the amenities in the space.
- Assist members and guests with conference room booking, locker rental, borrowing equipment, looking up their membership information, and other services.
- Refer members and guests to appropriate members of the Civic Hall team.
- Occasionally conduct facility tours to external groups as needed.
- 2-3 years of experience in developing content and growing social media following for a company/organization
- Your own kind of social media wizardry, including proofreading, editing, finding the most obscure handle, using the trendiest trends, crafting brilliant wit in 280 characters, internalizing the latest social media tricks and hacks, etc.
- Be awesome at interpersonal and written communication
- Have a knack for organizing workload, managing competing demands, meeting deadlines, and setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Familiarity with design / design programs a plus
- Familiarity with non-profits a plus
- Familiarity with civic technology a plus
- Familiarity with New York City tech community a plus
- Team spirit and sense of humor appreciated
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is performed inside, in a temperature controlled environment, with noise limited to that of a typical office environment.
This position requires sitting or standing, and occasional bending and lifting of up to 10 lbs.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position and is eligible for overtime. Wages are paid on a biweekly basis in accordance with Civic Hall’s standard payroll practices for hourly employees, currently administered by Justworks.
This position is eligible for Civic Hall’s benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off and holidays.
Expected Hours of Work:
Typical hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., although there is some flexibility in the exact hours.
This position currently requires no travel.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
There are no additional eligibility qualifications for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Civic Hall is committed to building a stronger, diverse, and mission-driven team to serve the community we know, respect, and love. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from or who have worked closely with historically marginalized groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. When applying, please include information about your unique background.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via Workable: https://civic-hall.workable.com/j/7107EAEDE7