Membership and Welcome Desk Associate
Please apply via Workable at: https://civic-hall.workable.com/j/CB55BD99D0
Civic Hall is a non-profit community and collaborative work and event space where government staff, nonprofit leaders, community organizers, philanthropists, civic entrepreneurs, developers, data scientists, journalists and academics come together to solve pressing civic problems with technology.
Civic Hall is seeking a thoughtful and organized Membership and Welcome Desk Associate. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Membership.
- Maintain and continually update Civic Hall’s membership database, Nexudus, including approving new membership applications, and onboarding and offboarding members.
- Provide assistance to day-to-day member issues such as member portal access, billing questions, conference room bookings, etc.
- Respond to general membership inquiries and member help desk requests.
- Compile regular reports for Director of Marketing and Membership on upcoming renewals, outstanding invoices, and other relevant membership data.
This role will include approximately 20 hours per week at our Welcome Desk. Although there can be busy periods, there is some time while stationed at the Welcome Desk to complete membership-related administrative tasks. Welcome Desk duties include:
- Welcome members and guests and assist them as necessary with the sign-in process.
- Answer general questions about Civic Hall and the amenities in the space.
- Assist members and guests with conference room booking, locker rental, borrowing equipment, looking up their membership information, and other services.
- Refer members and guests to appropriate members of the Civic Hall team.
- Occasionally conduct facility tours to external groups as needed.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in data entry/records management and customer service
- Excellent writing skills, including proofreading and editing skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to connect well with people; warm, approachable, and patient
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workload, manage competing demands, meet deadlines, and set and achieve ambitious goals
- Familiarity with non-profits and/or membership organizations a plus
- Familiarity with civic technology a plus
- Familiarity with New York City tech community a plus
- Team spirit and sense of humor appreciated
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is performed inside, in a temperature controlled environment, with noise limited to that of a typical office environment.
This position requires sitting or standing, and occasional bending and lifting of up to 10 lbs.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position and is eligible for overtime. Wages are paid on a biweekly basis in accordance with Civic Hall’s standard payroll practices for hourly employees, currently administered by Justworks.
This position is eligible for Civic Hall’s benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off and holidays.
Expected Hours of Work:
Typical hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., although there is some flexibility in the exact hours.
This position does not require any travel at this time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
There are no additional eligibility qualifications for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Civic Hall is committed to building a stronger, diverse, and mission-driven team to serve the community we know, respect, and love. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from or who have worked closely with historically marginalized groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families. When applying, please include information about your unique background.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via Workable: https://civic-hall.workable.com/j/CB55BD99D0