Request for Proposal: Measurement & Evaluation (M&E) Strategy Consultant
Date Issued: February 4, 2019
About Civic Hall
Civic Hall is a non-profit organization that fosters collaboration and builds community to advance technology for the public good. We bring together social and civic entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders, government staff, community organizers, policy makers, philanthropists, software developers, data scientists, journalists and academics to share knowledge, build tools, and solve pressing public interest problems. Founded in February 2015, Civic Hall has rapidly grown into a thriving and diverse community with over 1,000 members and 100 member organizations including many government agencies, tech companies, media leaders, civic tech leaders, academic institutions, foundations, and community-based organizations.
In 2017, Civic Hall participated in a public bid process offered by the NYC Economic Development Corporation (EDC) to develop a 250,000 square foot center for technology at Union Square. Civic Hall won the bid process by proposing a center that includes an 80,000 square foot community facility to be called Civic Hall @ Union Square.
Slated to open in late 2020, Civic Hall @ Union Square will be housed on six floors and include a 40,000 square-foot collaborative community space, with a state-of-the-art 400-seat conference and events center. The other 40,000 square feet will be dedicated to Civic Hall’s Digital Learning Center, where dozens of the city’s “best in class” digital workforce development organizations providing services to underserved populations will share 18 modern classrooms and other resources. Civic Hall will also develop and provide much-needed digital skills trainings to public sector professionals working for non-profit and government agencies. It is expected that this new training center will serve an estimated 50,000 people a year, providing them with digital skills, access to jobs, and other opportunities. Tens of thousands more will also attend events and participate in workshops connecting them to New York’s growing tech ecosystem.
Civic Hall Labs (d/b/a Civic Hall) is seeking an experienced individual or firm to work with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Training and Education to develop an overall M&E strategy for all Civic Hall program areas and develop processes and tools for data collection to better communicate our program data to stakeholders.
Here are the program areas where we need support building a M&E strategy.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – across the whole organization and in specific programs
- Digital Learning Center
- Digital Skills Learning Program
- Tech Workforce Development Program
- Knowledge Hub
- Thought Leadership
- Civicist & First Post
- Create a system to efficiently and systematically gather program data.
- Improve and standardize the measurement of program impact.
- Provide insights into the performance of our program areas over the course of the evaluation period.
- Strengthen communication of program impact to donors, board members, program staff, and beneficiaries.
- M&E System Development (for all program areas)
- SMART objective and indicator selection incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Data collection and analysis strategy guides
- Data collection tools, including survey(s), key-informant interview questionnaire(s), focus group discussion guide(s)
- Help inform integration of data collection efforts with CRM
- Results framework and logframe templates with cost consideration
- Reporting templates
- Overall M&E timeline and plan, including data collection plan
Interested parties should submit a proposal of up to five pages that includes:
- Qualifications and biographies of key personnel
- Detailed outline of your proposed approach that includes at least the following activities:
- Data collection from key stakeholders
- Final plan elements and types of recommendations
- Timeline and budget
- 3 client references
- Experience developing M&E strategies, processes, and tools for nonprofit programs, with a preference for experience with education and member-based programming
- Experience working across different gender, age, and race/ethnic backgrounds
- Experience developing M&E strategies through the lens of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Deadline: Please submit proposals by 6pm on February 18th, 2019. Please direct questions and submit your proposal to Savannah Badalich at firstname.lastname@example.org